VWAT Family Services

'Empowering our Community'

Settlement Resources

  General and Settlement:

Citizenship & Immigration Canada

Service Canada (OHIP cards, Driver’s Licence, Social Insurance Number (SIN), Employment Insurance)

Information you need before and after you arrive in Ontario

Information for newcomers

Youth Settlement Services

Ministry of Children and Youth Services

Programs and Services for Newcomers:

Newcomer Information Centers

Immigrant-Serving Agencies

General Services or call 211

Getting started in Ontario:

Public transit

Driver’s Licence or call 1-800-387-3445

Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) or call 1-800-664-8988

Doctor’s search or call  1-800-268-7096 ext. 626

Toronto Public Health

Social Insurance Number (SIN)

City of Toronto

Education and Children:

General Information

Toronto District School Board

School Boards

Childcare and Early Years or call 1-866-821-7770

Ministry of Children and Youth Services

Toronto Public Library and Community Centres

Post Secondary Information (university, college, and trade school)

Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities

Finance Support for Post Secondary Education

Park, Forestry and Recreation:

Toronto Parks, Forestry and Recreation

Business and Working in Ontario:

Planning to work in Canada

Labour market information

Employment Ontario (Job Bank)

Jobs in Toronto

Service Canada

Foreign education credentials

Regulated Professions

Getting work experience

Ontario Immigration or call 416-977-3343

Starting a business or call 1-800-567-2345

Workers’ Action Centre (confidential and free support for workers to know their rights)

VWAT Family Services © 2015