Youth Program Coordinator
VWAT is seeking a part-time (21 hours/week) Youth Program Coordinator at $20.00/hr
Summary of duties
- Plan and develop programs and activities for youths (aged 13-24).
- Responsible to carry out planned programs and activities for youth; including information sessions, volunteer opportunities, recreational activities, leadership development, and special events.
- Conduct outreach to youth groups and organizations for purposes of promotion, partnerships and collaboration.
- Outreach and engage with youths, act in the manner appropriate as a role model and mentor to youths.
- Supervise summer students and youth volunteers.
- Maintain program files, records, statistics and information for funding reports.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of strong relationships with community stakeholders, which include youths, family, community members, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Coordinate team to research and assist in writing funding proposals, and funder, narrative and annual reports.
- Represent the target client demographics of the organization
- Previous work/volunteer experience with community or non-profit organizations
- Previous experience in youth leadership and mentoring roles
- Proven ability to work independently without supervision
- Strong interpersonal, mediating and negotiating skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Fluent in Vietnamese is an asset.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in the position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position Start Date: June 6th 2017
Deadline to apply: until position is filled
Job Contact Information
Vinh Truong, Executive Director
Vietnamese Women’s Association of Toronto
Tel: 647-723-2165 ext. 111
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org