Under the guidance of the Bookkeeper and Accounting Clerk, the Junior Bookkeeper is responsible for completing accounting functions as required.
• Manage balance sheets and financial statements
• Compile and sort invoices and cheques
• Complete accounting duties in accordance with procedure
• Tracking and record-keeping of expenses for several programs and accounts
• Filing, answering phones, picking up documents on site, and organizing hours for payroll
• Assist the Bookkeeper and Executive Director with various administrative tasks such as financial reports, bank confirmations, expense requisitions, and other accounting duties as assigned
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
• have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2; and,
• be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
• Post-Secondary education in accounting, administrative studies, finance, or business administration.
• Strong understanding of accounting functions and procedures
• Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Internet)
• Knowledge of accounting software considered an asset
Wage: $11.25/hr, flexible schedule
This is a part-time position for July – August. To start immediately.
This position is funded by Service Canada.
To apply please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com