MAINTENANCE WORKER Immediately in Toronto
VWAT Family Services – Western Toronto
Contract 1 year, 28 hrs/week, Hourly Wage: $13.79
Maintenance Worker is responsible for the maintenance of the VWAT building, equipment, and grounds ie: plumbing, electrical, general maintenance, and renovations.
Any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related work experience in one or more of the building trades.
1 year or more.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Maintenance and Repair of Building, Equipment, and Grounds
- Electrical: Performs basic electrical repair work for switches, outlets, plugs, cables, appliances, and lighting systems; replace light bulbs and electrical ballasts; change filter on HVAC; reports unsafe electrical conditions.
- Plumbing: Identifies and performs basic repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks on sinks, faucets, and toilets; opens clogged lines and drains; replaces seals and other minor parts.
- Painting: applies and prepares various surfaces for paint; repairs wall coverings and dry walls.
- Grounds Maintenance: Maintains grounds in clean, safe, and orderly manner including sweeping, trimming, weeding; cleans debris from grounds, pathways, and parking lots.
- Purchasing: obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts; orders parts as needed.
Office Cleaning and Event Set Up/Tear Down
- Perform daily office cleaning; floor vacuuming; and washrooms cleaning and hygiene.
- Move heavy furniture equipment and supplies.
- Prepare equipment and materials necessary to complete project.
- Ontario Works recipient
- Security and Safety Bondable: Clear criminal record check
- Work with minimal supervision
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Handling heavy loads; combination of sitting, standing, walking; bending, crouching, and kneeling.
- Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- Essential Skills: Reading text; Communication; Working with others.
Interested candidates please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org