Contract 1 year, 28 hrs/week, Hourly Wage: $13.85
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and expand client base through outreach to various employers in the GTA, developing outreach materials, community news and promoting community networks.
- Match and connect job seekers with employers who are hiring.
- Assist with co-ordination of programs, classes, workshops and other community events.
- Provide administrative support to and contribute to the overall effectiveness of VWAT under the direction of and at the satisfaction of the Supervisor.
- Facilitate and dispatch both incoming and outgoing mail, courier and other shipments for VWAT, respond to and direct inquiries, greet and assist visitors.
- Complete duties of photocopying, collating, mailing, faxing, filing, etc. as requested, improve and maintain manual and electronic filing systems using the appropriate documentation management procedures.
- Arrange, schedule and coordinate arrangements for meetings, presentations and other events including meeting room and hospitality preparations.
- Perform all office-based duties required for efficient and effective functioning of the organization.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ontario Work recipient
- Basic in written and verbal English required
- Proficient in written and verbal Vietnamese is an asset
- Experience working or volunteering within community organizations an asset
- Willing to travel within City of Toronto boundaries to outreach to the community
- Strong work ethic, record of good attendance, proven organization skills
- Personable, enthusiastic, enjoy interacting with others
- Able to work well with others and to learn new skills, improve on existing skills
- Experience with/ able and willing to learn the use of technological tools such as computer, fax, photocopier, telephone system.
Interested candidates please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org