Seniors Program Assistant
28 hours/wk for 52 weeks
Under the direction of the Seniors Program Coordinator, the Seniors Program Assistant is responsible for supporting the development, facilitation, and evaluation of VWAT’s Seniors Programs.
• Assist with planning, development and implementation of weekly seniors programs
• Plan program activities that enhances seniors’ knowledge, health, volunteerism, and engagement in community activities
• Provide a safe environment where seniors feel welcome and comfortable
• Prepare and serve healthy snacks for participants during programs
• Coordinate volunteers during programs and events
• Attend staff meetings, maintain attendance records, distribute bus tickets, and other administrative tasks.
• Provide support, information, referrals and informal counselling to individuals
• Assist in maintaining effective contact with community partners and networks
• High School Diploma (preferably)
• Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Internet)
• Fluent in Vietnamese
• Organized, friendly, energetic, easy-going, patient
• Diploma or Certification in Community Work, Social Work, Gerontology or equivalent education
or experience *an asset*
• Ability/experience/training working with seniors *an asset*
• Understand seniors culture *an asset*
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
• Must be able to provide a current Police Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector screening, or submit to one upon hiring.
VWAT Family Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Tel: (647) 723-2165 Fax: (416) 539-8139 www.vwat.org firstname.lastname@example.org